Please share with any interested individuals:
Introduction to VPRAD (Vanderbilt Program in Research Administration Development) is a four-hour training workshop that will acclimate enrolled staff to the VUMC Research Enterprise and introduce and detail the resources available to research-related roles throughout VUMC. The course is designed for newly hired, recently transferred, or any other staff member working in an administrative role within a lab, clinic, or administrative office within the Research Enterprise. Introduction to VPRAD is intended to fill knowledge gaps and equip staff with a broad overview of VUMC’s Research Enterprise, as well as the tools and resources available to navigate within it.
The workshop will focus on five main areas:
• Overview of the VUMC Research Enterprise
• The Role of a VUMC Research Administrator
• Lifecycle of a Sponsored Project
• Review of Support and Compliance Areas within the Research Enterprise
• Research Administrators and the Responsible Conduct of Research
Attendees will hear from guest speakers from throughout the Research Enterprise and have the opportunity to expand their VUMC professional network. This workshop is offered at no cost to participants or their departments.
Interested staff may register for the following upcoming sessions via Learning Exchange:
- Wednesday, April 3: 12:00 PM – 4:00 PM
- Wednesday, May 1: 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- Wednesday, June 5: 12:00 PM- 4:00 PM
For questions or concerns, please contact Marc Crosby, Principal Learning Consultant, VUMC Financial Training.