Do you need to submit a proposal in Coeus for a PI who has not yet started at VUMC?
- First, confirm that the project start date is after the agreed-upon faculty/post-doc appointment date.
- Since Coeus has a data stream directly from VUMC HR, any PI due to begin work at VUMC relatively soon should automatically appear in Coeus and can be added normally.
- For those PIs not yet set up with VUMC HR, departments can submit a PEER action request (“Add or Modify Employee Record in Coeus”) to have the individual manually added with temporary credentials in Coeus. The Coeus team will merge this temporary record with the official feed once the individual has been added to HR records. For those incoming employees who do not yet have an employee ID number, please format the field with all zeros.
- Once the temporary credentials are set up within Coeus, PEER will create a single-use username and password that allows for the electronic submission of both the PI Assurance and COI.
- Any records created through this process will be merged with the individual’s official VUnetID upon his or her formal start date at VUMC.
Please note that, by submitting the application to OSP for review, the department signifies the department chair’s approval of the submission.